Sunday, October 06, 2013

Deep wound

Days like today when I finally feel fine and then thoughts of you creep into my mind. It's the daily reminder that I can't escape. I'm still hopelessly in love with a man who no longer exists.

I've been here before. Down a dark painful path. Left only with shattered pieces of hope. Struggling to convince myself I don't care.

You could not see the man I saw. You were incapable of loving yourself so how could I have thought you could actually love me? I'm disappointed and heartbroken that you could make me feel as if I wasn't enough.

I hold tight to the sleepless nights and the pain. It's all I have left to remind me why these walls should never again be broken. I have to burry the secret hopes that your promises were true and this is just a bad dream. Say goodbye to the hopeless romantic beliefs that you will come back to wake me from this nightmare. It was done once with just a simple kiss, but that was a time when possibilities were believed to be endless. 

No comments: