Sunday, January 22, 2006

Pay backs....


Looking back at the weather in Chicago a week before I got there it was very cold and snowing everyday. When I arrived, the Florida heat must have stowed away with me on the flight because the temperatures never went below 27 degrees, for the most part it stayed in the 40's or higher throughout the days (although it felt pretty darn cold to me). The snow was no where in sight. The last full day I was there my wish was granted to see snow fall for the first time ever. I have to admit I acted just like a kid. I ran straight out in it and let the snowflakes fall down on me. I even tried to catch a few, running around the office parking lot. Just as soon as they hit the ground or me they melted, but I could not complain I was experiencing the flurries for the first time. I have to admit I thought it to be beautiful, peaceful, and even a bit romantic.
The reason why I bring this up a week later is due to the fact I was speaking with some friends in Chicago who told me they just recently had a blizzard. Living there they don’t share the same enthusiasm I do about the snow and picked on me quite a bit. I just figured I would give a huge shout out to them and let them know today it was in the 80s and I wore shorts! hehe

Miss yal!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snow stinks. If I were 10 again and I could build snow forts in the backyard and start WWIII with snowball ammo, it'd be a different story.

Or...if there was a such thing as "snow days" for work rather than just school, I'd be snow's biggest fan.

Raven said...

I didn't get a chance to thank you for the warm weather. :) Thanks! By the way the most romantic snowfall is when the snow flakes are really big and they drift down like little parachutes, an the wind is still and the consistancy is such that they land on your eyelashes and they don't melt. That is my favorite kind of snow here in Chicago.