Sunday, May 21, 2006

Late Nights of the Sleepless Wander



Late nights, time passed by filling it with endless journeys never actually leaving the comfort of my bed. Cuddled up under the warmth of a big cozy blanket. The only part of my body left unprotected by the warmth is my head, which is laid upon a pile of pillows. A fan circles frantically above, ironically results in gentle wafts of air down upon me. Ever so softly working the strands of hair tucked from behind my ear, tickling my cheek as they are blown past to their final resting place in front of my eyes.

Staring out of the window at the darkened pasture. Moonlight peers threw the trees that rustle in the wind. Their limbs sway back and forth almost acting like a pendulum put into motion hypnotizing its audience.

The stage is set. Never can you put a pattern to your thoughts that will lead you to your journeys. Sometimes they are to the past, while others are just of the days events. Still some, though not yet happened, could be viewed as fantasies being worked out so one day they may become reality.

It’s only moments away, your mind will be leaving from your awareness of happenings outside your window to thoughts that begin to draw back the curtains leading you on your nightly quest. Where might tonight’s take you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very descriptive. For a moment I was drawn in and looking through your eyes. Love it. :)