Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Eureka!!


Well I did it…. Today I finally found snow and from what saw I wasn’t the only one. I went on this road that was closed to the public. I justified to myself that while I was a tourist I could not be considered the “public” also, not to mention after three days of looking, a sign was not going to stand in my way. The first thing I discovered was tracks by what I could only imagine would be a bear. They were half the size of my foot and yet that still did not stop me from jumping in it. I ran straight to it and turned around and fell backwards doing my impression of the “Neste plunge”. My snow angel had a surprise waiting for me when I looked at my pictures on the computer I realized that there was a heart in the snow right at the bottom. I guess the snow fairies were shining down upon me. (If you click on the picture it enlarges, I also darken the area around where the heart to make it easier to see.) I tried my best to make a snow man, it just does not work like you see on TV. You know, first starting out as a small snow ball then rolling it along the ground as it grows into a bigger snow ball. This I decided, must be movie magic cause no matter how I tried it just would not do anything more than crumble into nothingness. When all else failed I turned to pure “Stacey” style… instead of fretting over my snowman that would never be, I made a snow castle. Laugh as you may, but I can pretty well bet you have never heard of someone making a snow castle… and if you have did they even come close to having the style I did on their first attempt? I played in the snow by myself for hours, actually until it turned completely dark. I got to see the most beautiful sunset going down behind the mountains. I ended the evening with taking a self portrait of me by my snow castle in the dark. Overall, it was a magical experience from the bear tracks to the mysterious heart in the snow down to the awe inspiring sunset. I just wish it could have lasted longer. This is definitely going to be one adventure I will love to do again with one minor change, next time I will make sure it lasts longer than one day!

3 comments:

Aaron Joesph Polly said...

Awesome pics Stacey...Colorado rules.
p.s.
Your cute in the snow!

Phil Romans said...

Great photos and comments... you should have put a quarter or something next to the tracks, I thought they were dog prints before reading the commnents.

Great castle.

Though I think your impression of snow would change if you had to deal with it every winter. =)

Mind Trip Writer said...

I love the Snow Castle reminds me of when we built sand castles on Reddington Beach.
You are doing a great job on your site and I love the pictures. Why don't you enter them in the State Fair