Thursday, December 29, 2011

Cloak Of Darkness


"It could have been prevented"…A hushed voice whispered. "She only fooled herself. "
Words flooded in like water from a broken damn to awaken her from her fantasy.
"Did she think she could really matter?"
She is held paralyzed by the power his words have over her.
"The fool could not see I always held her happiness just out of reach?"
The water quickly rises.


I have to break free and find safety, but the shackles of his words become so tight they begin to cut threw my flesh. Waves of burning sensations come as the water laps against the opening wounds and mixes with my blood. I thought he was a savior sent to come lift me from the darkness. I did not notice he was actually stealing what little light I had left. The water starts to close in around my throat, panic has fully set in. The more I struggle the more water my lungs take on. How could I have trusted you just because you said you were different? Why did I open up again just to be broken down? What was the point? You turned into the very thing you said you were protecting me against. The burning has settled into my lungs. My vision is blurry from my futile struggle against the rising water and my thrashing to free myself. My body craves the air that is obtained just above the surface.


Held down by the weight of what never will be the cloak of darkness surrounded her.
"It could have been prevented"…A hushed voice whispered.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As always you deliever. One of your best. Can't wait for the next one. :)