Sunday, February 22, 2009

Hanging in There....


(I am an I Camper)

That about sums it up for me. I am already a picky eater in my own country, but you realize after about 2 weeks of struggling to eat you should think twice about going to a third world country. You have to have a sense of humor and a good laugh at yourself daily in order NOT to lose your mind. Here is my most recent laugh at myself.
I went out to see the town and while walking around I could not help thinking how tired and hungry I was. That one thought was running through my head all day with me trying to come up with ideas of how I could make it. Just about the time I came up with no ideas for about the millionth time I came across this Jeep, I thought it said "I am a Camper" and I swore it was a message from above telling me I was stronger than I was giving myself credit for. I actually dug a little deeper and that day decided I would eat like I do back home tons of fruit and veggies to heck with the warnings about the uncooked food quite frankly the "cooked" stuff was killing me any way! That actually did the trick I have been eating tons of apples and when I find plums or grapes I load up. I have not had the "stomach" problems I was dealing with for almost 5 days now.... which is huge trust me I will spare you the details. It was only until I was editing photos to put out here on my blog that I noticed the Jeep actually said "I am an I Camper" ....... go figure my inspiration was truly only a perception of what I needed it to read at the time. I guess a person does not become an less crazy in another country if anything I may be improving my skills. LOL

No comments: