Monday, February 16, 2009

It's not the Indy 500... but it's CLOSE!!

The signs here crack me up. (Speed Thrills But Kills.) Let's not mention though you can have as many people as you can pack onto a motorcycle (including small children and babies) and the only one required to where a helmet is the driver. LOL (I am getting a collection of pictures together that show just how many people can fit on one motorcycle. I can't wait to get enough for a good post it should be enlightening and shocking.)
This is one of the biggest roads around the hotel. I believe it is 3 lanes but as you can see it looks more like a starting line at the beginning of some crazy race. Keep in mind this picture was taken in the middle of a Monday when traffic is "light". This may give you some insight into what a mess it really becomes during rush hour. I must say though being in India is doing wonders catching me up on my sprint training cause you have LOST YOUR MIND if you think you can walk across these roads. For those of you who are not runners, its like the highest level in the Atari game Frogger everything is zipping past and if you think too long when you see an opening without a quick move .......... SPLAT!

No comments: