Friday, February 13, 2009

On Guard!

(You have to click on this on to enlarge the image.)
YES.... that IS a shotgun! This is a picture of the entrance of our hotel. Everyday once we get through the guarded gate past all the men who seem to be in a contest of who can carry the bigger gun, we have our car inspected for explosives. They look under the car with these large mirrors, in the trunk, glove box you name it they look mean while you are still sitting in the car. (On a side note if I ever see them look at my car and scatter like little bugs when the light has been turned on I will be right behind them and they better be some of the fastest Indians or I will be knocking them over to pass them. LOL) Then we pull up to this... the front of the hotel. Where you are greeted by more armed guards a metal detector and your bags searched. This picture is not a proper representation of how MANY there normally are out there.

He is MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!!! I call him "Punjab" from the movie Annie. We really don't know what his name is but he is always smiling and the sharpest dressed guard we have. If you enlarged the first photo he is smiling in that one also while everyone else has this don't mess with me face. The outside guards don't play around I haven't seen one of them smile yet, with the exception of "Punjab", but I'm working on them. LOL

We even have guards in our hall way. There are normally 4 different ones, this guy is the youngest I think. I call all 4 of them "the shadows". No matter what time of day or night it is they have a tendency of popping out of NO WHERE to watch you as you leave your room. These guys don't miss a beat they are always there just as you open the door I have yet to see the hall empty while I'm completely out of my door. I even tested it by opening the door one day and sticking my head out and the guard came out of his hiding space. I closed the door quickly, waited a few minutes then opened the door and stuck my head out as fast as I could and looked down the hall where he last popped out and thought "AH HA I WIN " cause the hall was empty in the direction where I last saw him. I started to walk out and heard something behind me and I stopped quickly, turned to look and almost smacked right into him. Scared the living daylights out of me all the while he just smiled like they always do . LOL

No comments: